When you are trying to get some abs, flat-belly exercises are a must-do, but also what you eat and drink will have an impact on the result. Drinking enough water is essential and avoiding belly bloaters like alcohol and soda is the rule. Certain foods can keep your belly flat, since they are loaded with nutrients that encourage weight loss, reduce bloat and boost your metabolism.
- Bananas – Bananas are rich in potassium and resistant starch that actually digests slowly and as such keeps you full longer. They can also prevent water retention and as such decrease the risk of bloating.
- Oatmeal – Oats can help cut body fat and cholesterol since they are rich in fiber. Just like bananas they digest slowly and keep your stomach filled up for hours. Oatmeal is the best breakfast food, but you can also eat it for dinner to help you sleep better.
- Lentils – Lentils as well as other seeds are rich in protein and fiber and as such increase satiety. They are great source of iron which can also boost your metabolism.
- Yogurt – Yogurt contains probiotics which help balance microflora and prevent bloating. It can also keep you full longer because of the 17 grams of protein contained per serving.
- Avocado – Avocado contains 2 grams of filling fiber and 4 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat which can keep your waistline slim. You can put it on toast, brownies, pasta or banana bread and you will love it.
- Dark chocolate – Chocolate is bad for your waistline, but if you still have a sweet tooth you can eat dark chocolate. Opt for one with 65% cocoa, since it contains monounsaturated fatty acids that will boost your metabolism for sure.
- Nuts – Nuts can keep you full for a longer time and help you burn fat. This is true for all types of nuts, and especially for almonds. Eating 24 almonds a day will satisfy your hunger as well your calorie intake.
- Ginger – Ginger is considered as a natural remedy to belly bloating. You can prepare a ginger tea with ½ teaspoon of ground or freshly grated ginger and a cup of hot water. Or you can also prepare a lemon ginger detox drink to drink in the morning.
- Eggs – Eggs are also rich in protein and they can build muscle and burn fat. They contain vitamin B12 which helps your body to metabolize fat and thus help you lose weight. Just make sure to avoid eating eggs in case you have problems with high cholesterol.
- Berries – Berries can also help cut fat and thus keep your belly flat. They are rich in fiber and as such are excellent for your skin, giving the desired glowing look. Just make sure you eat them fresh.
Eating the above foods, drinking enough water and exercising regularly can help you get the desired abs. The process may be hard and it may take some time, but once you will see the results you will never exclude these foods from your diet.