Heart attack, stroke, and angina shouldn’t be confused with one another. The following gives you a detailed study of all the three health conditions, the symptoms of which are quite similar to each other.
Heart attack and its symptoms come very suddenly and intensely in the body. However, for some people, the pain and pressure buildup follows a slower process and appears to be minor. The symptoms of heart attack in both men and women are different from each other. The common signs and symptoms of a heart attack are the following:
- Pain, pressure or squeezing in the chest, particularly on to the left side.
- Pain or pressure on to the upper body like you back, neck or jawline.
- Shortness of breath.
- A sudden feeling of sweat or clamminess
- Nausea or vomiting
The pain often lasts for a few minutes and the same could get worse with any sort of emotional stress of physical activity. In women, the symptoms are heart attack are more subtle. These symptoms include a change of heavy sweating, several stomach symptoms, shortness of breath, etc. Heart attack treatment should be an immediate action after finding out the symptoms of a heart attack in both men and women.
According to the best heart hospital in India, the emergency of stroke comes with a number of possible symptoms and signs. However, they tend to be the same for both men and women. You are required to take immediate medical attention if you face any of these symptoms which relate to stroke:
- Face dropping on one side giving a lopsided smile like appearance.
- Trouble in terms of walking
- Numbness or weakness in the arms or legs, particularly taking place in only one side of the body.
- The confusion which is not able to give you mental stability and you are not able to think properly or perform your daily activities properly.
- Slurred speech
- A tongue is unable to work on one side
- Sudden and severe headache.
The best heart hospital in India claims that one of the most obvious signs of a stroke is a weakness which is caused anywhere in the body. However, the signs could still be very subtle. If you are worried that someone is experiencing a stroke, you must have them hold up both the arms. If one of the arms is weak, it is going to drop.
Angina happens to be a medical term for the chest pain or discomfort that is caused by the way of a temporary disruption in the flow of blood and oxygen which is passing through the heart. A lot of people describe this health condition to be squeezing, suffocating as well as a feeling of burning which is caused at the very centre of the chest or behind the breastbone of a person. Angina is also considered to be a warning that without an effective and early treatment, you are at a risk for heart attack, irregular heartbeat as well as cardiac arrest.
The signs and symptoms of angina include the following:
- Shortness in breath or difficulty in terms of breathing
- A burning sensation which feels like heartburn or indigestion
- Burning or cramping pain
- Dizziness and fainting