Struggling with acne? It’s not just an adolescent issue as many adults have acne into their 20s and 30s. And while there are many causes and triggers that may lead to an acne breakout, it’s tough to know exactly what’s triggering yours. We know how frustrating it can be, so we’re sharing with you 5 amazing natural acne treatments that work. Check them out below!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar is known for its ability to fight many kinds of bacteria and viruses. Apple cider vinegar specifically contains organic acids such as succinic and lactic acid that are known to kill acne-causing bacterias. Follow the steps below to use apple cider vinegar in treating your acne.
- Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water. Add more water if you have sensitive skin.
- Cleanse your face with water and soap. Using a cotton ball, gently apply the mixture to your skin.
- Leave it for 5-20 seconds.
- Thoroughly rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times per day as necessary.
It is important to note though that apple cider vinegar can cause burns and irritation, therefore it should be applied in small amounts and mixed with water.
An essential nutrient for cell growth, hormone production, metabolism, and immune function, research also shows that zinc is one of the most effective natural treatment for acne. It has been observed that people with acne tend to have lower levels of zinc in their blood than those with people with clear skin.
Studies say that taking oral zinc supplements 3 times per day can help reduce acne by 80-100%
Spot Treat using Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is well-known for its ability to fight bacteria and reduce skin inflammation. Studies say that applying 5% tea tree oil to the skin effectively reduces acne. It may not work as quickly as 5% benzoyl peroxide but it has been proven to significantly reduce acne after three months of continued use. Below are the steps to follow in using tea tree oil for acne treatment.
- Dilute 1 part tea tree oil to 9 parts water. Tea tree oil is very potent so be sure to dilute it before applying to your skin to avoid adverse skin reactions.
- With a cotton swab, apply the solution to affected areas.
- You may also use a moisturizer if you desire.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a day as necessary.
Aloe vera is a tropical plant that produces a clear gel which is often added to lotions, creams, ointments, and soaps. It is also commonly used to treat abrasions, rashes, burns, and other skin conditions including acne. Use aloe vera gel to treat your acne by following the steps below.
- Using a spoon, scrape the get out from the aloe vera plant.
- Apply the gel directly to the affected areas.
- Repeat 1-2 times a day or as you desire.
Exfoliate using Sugar or Salt plus Coconut Oil
Exfoliating regularly is believed to help reduce and treat acne by removing dead skin cells that clog up pores. A wide variety of exfoliation products are available and can be bought over the counter but using sugar or salt could give almost the same result.
- Mix equal parts of sugar or salt and coconut oil.
- Scrub your skin with the mixture.
- Rinse well.
- Exfoliate as often as you desire not do not exceed once a day.
There you go! We hope those 5 natural acne treatment can help you finally get rid of those annoying acne breakouts.