Snoring does not only interfere with your nightly sleep, but it also affects the well-being of your partner sharing the same bed. Perhaps after days or even weeks of losing sleep, you are now desperately looking for snoring cure. In this post, you will find the best snore solutions to cure snoring forever.
How to treat snoring on your own?
Not everything that relates to your body requires a surgical solution. Sometimes, the answer lies in your routine habits. For instance, a smoker and an alcoholic cannot expect to have a healthy sleep since those two are the prime factors for snoring. On the other hand, if you are overweight or obese, once again, snoring will not leave you in peace.
So, here are a few DIY tips, tricks, and techniques that you can try at home even while following up on the advice given by a sleep consultant.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Cut back on fatty foods such as fast food & carbonated drinks. Include more green vegetables and avoid an excess of red meat. Watch your daily carbohydrate, fat, & cholesterol consumption.
- Exercise every day: You do not need to work out heavily each day, as long as you are shedding calories. The aim is to not let it accumulate. There are many exercises such as swimming or playing physically active sports like basketball, volleyball, etc. Also, circuit training such as running, walking, cycling would be a good start.
- Reduce or stop smoking & drinking: These two habits are very bad for your health not just because they cause snoring by narrowing the airway, but they may also affect your lungs and liver, respectively. Smoking irritates the tender lining of the throat muscles causing inflammation during the airflow. Drinking alcohol relaxes the throat muscles that narrow the airway and makes it hard for oxygen to reach your brain. This can be fatal in some cases.
- Change sleeping postures: If you sleep on your back all night, your snoring cure is never going to arrive. This is because your tongue and soft palate collapse back into your airways, thus making you snore. Try sleeping on your either sides for an effective snore stop. If you are facing difficulty sleeping this way, then you might want to get a full-body sleeping pillow that offers maximum comfort for side sleepers.
- Sleep with a humidifier: If you are someone suffering from nasal congestion or allergies and dry air makes your breathing worse, then you should consider getting a humidifier to help you breathe normally. Also, it helps to minimize snoring. But this is not recommended for heavy snorers. Instead, they should consult a physician immediately.
- Oral devices: If a simple treatment with a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) isn’t proving much useful, you could try a mouth guard. It keeps the tongue and jaw in place and reduces snoring.
Whichever method you choose to try, do not miss out on consulting with a doctor.