PCOS is one of the common syndromes in many women today. This problem has not only reduced the fertility in a woman, but it also plays with the self-esteem aka overall life of the woman. Actually, PCOS or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome is a metabolic disorder that happens due to the misbalance of different hormones. As a result, women suffer from PCOS. The signs are quite vivid as you will get obese; fat deposition at mid-section pigmented skin around the neck and more.
With dietary modification and exercise, PCOS can be controlled, though not cured entirely. Ayurveda is quite effective in treating PCOS whereas instead of medicines, the disorder is treated by certain changes in your lifestyle and with different herbs. Besides, there is also a proper diet and several therapies that are used to treat PCOS in Ayurveda. So, today, you will get to know about ayurvedic treatment for the polycystic ovarian disease. Read on to know more.
What Does Ayurveda Say about PCOS?
According to Ayurveda, the human body is the compilation of three essentials: Vatta, Pitta, and Kapha. If there is any misbalance in these essentials, people fall ill. In Ayurveda, the reproductive system in men and women are conducted by ShukraDhatu which is made of androgen (male hormones) and estrogen (female hormones). When, in women, the secretion of androgen increases, it causes cyst formation in the ovaries which is the prime reason for PCOS.
How Ayurveda Treat PCOD?
Ayurveda always talks about therapies, norms, and changes in lifestyle while treating diseases. It not only addresses to cure the disease but also creates a shield so that you don’t face further problems regarding that. So, while treating PCOS through Ayurveda, you need to follow certain dos and don’ts-
• According to Ayurveda, you should try to avoid dairy products, like curd, cottage cheese, etc. Rather, you can go for buttermilk.
• You have to say ‘No’ to all types of fast foods.
• Sleep is very essential here. Your sleeping cycle should be natural. Try not to sleep during the day and have a calm and uninterrupted sleep at night.
• Avoid taking sugar or any sweetmeats no matter how much you love those.
• Include more and more herbs in your diet, like garlic, fenugreek, cinnamon, and so on.
• Ayurveda says non-vegetarian foods are not for you. You may have fish occasionally, but nothing else.
• Healthy fats, like ghee, are suitable for them.
• If you are a tea lover, go for herbal tea, like green tea or oolong tea.
• Nuts are not for you if you have PCOS. You can have beans instead.
• If you are a sweet tooth, go for honey instead of sugar.
• You should limit your consumption of starch, like wheat and rice.
• Avoid having too much caffeine, alcohol, and drugs as those interrupt your menstruation cycle.
So, these are some methods of ayurvedic treatment for PCOD that you can follow quite easily. Besides these, Ayurveda also tells you to do yoga to keep your system well and avoid problems of PCOS.
What does the Ayurveda treatment involves?
PCOS treatment includes a mixture of several herbs for strengthening the reproductive system and eases the balanced level of hormones. Not just this, these herbs are assistive in relieving the inflammation ascending because of the appearance of cysts on the ovaries also. Some of the herbs even work wonders against other problems like digestive disorders, enhancement in weight, insulin sensitivity and so on. In short, these are the herbal medications that carry out the same function as in the instance of allopathic treatment. However, contrary to allopathic medication, it does not have any type of side effect on one’s body in case you act as suggested by your Ayurvedic practitioner. Of course, once you follow as the Ayurveda professional tells you to do, you can actually make the
maximum of everything.
There are some herbs and things in Ayurveda that work wonders for your condition. For example, Shatavari is an extensive source of vitamins A, B2, B1, and C, folic acid, E and minerals like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and iron. Presence of these makes this herb an ideal antioxidant that guards the reproductive system in females. It is also helpful in recovering insulin sensitivity because of its anti-diabetic ingredients. Another perk is that it helps in improving the fertility too.